Thursday, March 31, 2016

Fortuna by Elaine Cantrell Review



Blurb:
  Aimee Sherwood never dreamed that following her fiancĂ© into the witness protection pro-gram would land her in a haunted house in a town that’s downright creepy. She’d have laughed if she had been told the guy who lives down the road might be her soul mate, not the man whose ring she’s wearing. Life in West Virginia is nothing like life in Los Angeles, but between bean ball battles with Marilyn Monroe, remodeling a crumbling farmhouse, and starting a new online business, life in the country is anything but boring.

My Review:
  I loved the ending off this book, but I didn't like that both of them stepped outside their relationship. The storyline was really good, though I thought the characters could have been fleshed out a little better. Overall, it's a decent story for a rainy afternoon, just don't expect some curl your toes romance. This is more one of the innocent, sweet, and savory ones. I do love the way the author can make you see the characters, their moods, even their mannerisms though. Don't get me wrong, this was definitely not a bad book. I didn't have to struggle to continue reading like I have had to with some. It just wasn't quite what I expected. 

You can get your copy of Fortuna HERE
You can "LIKE" Elaine Cantrell HERE
And you can check out more Elaine Cantrell books HERE